Saturday, November 22, 2008

I am not saying that i am selfish and try to be critical over all things. I mean i just writing here to express how i feel. I may be right and i may be wrong. I just hope some people understand that, i dont want or it is not my intention to offend others but i do believe that i have every right to think and express how i feel.
Well, it is normal as now like end of the university sessions that students are leaving or moving out etc. This is pretty much common. Come on, i been studying in Ireland, UK and now here in Oz so i know about this thing. Summer holiday... etc. I am not talking about studying here. what i want to touch is about moving out and leaving. Just like last years, students are moving out and this and that, and people asked for favour for me. I helped lots last year, some are voluntarily and some i did feel compel to do. Maybe i have a soft heart and do not say much that people assume i will be okay with everything. All i remember when i moved, i was on my on... the only person who was there helping was Dianne.... whom offered. Well, you can say as at that time, everyone was home for holiday. Fair enough. Like i made many trps to airport to send them off, and yet i remembered when i took a trip, i didnt depend on anyone and took the bus.
Well, the thing why i talk about this is like last year around this time, recently the same thing happened. I learned from before as now i know how to say "No". But just that some people are not considered when you said no and like you said you busy, they would like "tomorrow.. bla.. bla..." I am like... hmm dont you get the hint, its a "No". And for example, if i said i have errands to do, they would ask, what time you finish and like expecting i would fit them in my schedule. I am like, why me... i mean some of these people i am not even close, i know i am nice etc but thats not the reason to take advantage of me. I know having a car is an advantage but for me, i bought the car for my use not for everyone's else use. Do people think of me if i dont have a car, would i depend on others for transportation for placement for example. When i first came here, i know only Sue Ping... she has a car but not even once i called her for help. Do all on my own, think this and that on my own. And another thing for some people, whom you hardly spent time with despite you know them, suddenly like... "can i stay with you for a while whilst waiting for my flight?" I would not mind if you are one of my closest friends, but if only a friend by name, like we dont even spent time together, i mean other days, you have your own friends, we dont even spent mutual time together and suddenly around this time, all you can think of is me! what happened to all your other friends. I am not selfish but like just dont feel right!
I make sure while i was in Ireland or Uk that i plan my travelling etc... i know with exams etc... for me, u can plan and not like book tickets last minute as you know it would be full and hard. I made plan n make sure i still have place to stay etc. I was a student before too and well money was tight but i made sure all was okay. I noted some people now, would rather spent the money on other things and well just ask people favour for stay, i mean fair enough if you have to take last minute thing etc but make sure you do plan and have back-up and ask people that you know well, not someone that you hardly meet and only ask favour. As it made me think, that you make friend with me for convenient.
While i was in Ireland, when i first moved from Castlewhite to Wilton area, i took the cab to move my stuffs. I couldnt rent a car then so i used cab. It didnt cost that much too. I am not sure about here in Oz... i know the taxi here is not as efficient and cheap as Uk or Ireland. But still that is an option. And i remember in Ireland, i had KaK Anih, Kak Incan whom i was close with and still i never thought that i would ask them for thing like this. As i know if i asked, they would be happy to help. But for me, i am not like that. And when we moved to Eagle Valley for instance, i remember Kak Incan asked us to use her car as she was excited that we moved near her, we didnt take the offer instead we rented a car. As we know she may need the car and moving can be whole day etc so we dont want to obstruct her schedule to fit us in. This is what i called consideration and respect. In Leeds, i always rent a car to move or else taxi as always. No hassle and not bothering others. Just that i dont understand for some people, that as you know them, they have right to ask you (well some didnt even ask but assume!) and make you feel as you are their friends that you are obligated to help. I dont mind helping if people ask nicely and i am free and i want to do it. Just that some like you said "No" they would say things and this and that. Hmm... for me just... what i own is mine and mine. Thats all. And well maybe i expect people to be like me thus why i dont understand why they cant be like me... think and do thing on your own rather than relying to others. I mean like moving, for me before, i did move but plan where to put my thing etc or else i rent the place for the summer, some like that a waste of money but it wont hassle me and i made that choice. I mean like when i mentioned this to a person, that person said about saving money etc, and even said like other people are lazy to move around n hence just paid the summer rent and this person is not like that, fair enough it is this person's choice but for me, thats your choice but why to move this and that, i have to get involved. Taking my time, my car, my fuel...see my point? And what made me think as well, this person has a lot of other friends, but for thing like this... it all comes to me! Maybe as i am easy... dont know... I mean i am not that bad... as if i know you well, i would be happy to help as long as i wont interrupt my schedule, for example, i helped Syubb to move, i offered haha.... anyhow... this is just a thought and not to offend anyone.... ok! till later!

No comments: