Wednesday, November 19, 2008

KELUARGA BUNGSU BIN LAKIM

I thought I write about this family. It is my family. My grandmother’s side. This side is called as the “KELUARGA BUNGSU BIN LAKIM” and it was set up I think about 3 years ago with the main objective of tightening the relationship in the family.
I was around in Brunei around then and I remembered that I attended one of the meetings they had while I was there. And at that time, the main agenda was about the get together “MAJLIS RAMAH MESRA”. And after a series of meeting and setting up committee etc, it was held at ICC. I cant remember the date but it was Sunday and I didn’t get involved much as I remember that I was busy with the ASIA PACIFIC BOCEE COMPETITION SPECIAL OLYMPICS as I was the executive board member for Brunei Darussalam Special Olympics. There were prizes, slide presentations and performances. It was great and a successful one.

Here is my family, Hjh Napsiah Bungsu.....
I was there... came a bit late due to my commitment with Special olympics...

This my aunt dancing with her uncle...


This is my family... before performing!



And in between they had many other events such as trips overseas etc. And this year, they organized sport day. 500 families participated in the event, which took place at the Youth and Sports field in Berakas, Brunei. The 500 families were divided into teams namely `Lancang Kuning' from Hjh Napsiah bin Bungsu family, 'Pahlawan Putih' from Hj Karim and Hj Yahya bin Bungsu family, 'Marak Berapi' from Hj Ibrahim bin Bungsu, 'Jaguh Hitam' from Hj Chuchu and Hj Hamidah bin Bungsu family, as well as 'Wira Bedil' from Hj Yaakob and Hj Abd Razak bin Bungsu family. The event had several activities such as football, children's games, and many more. At the end of the day, there was a prize presentation to the champion of the year 2008, 'Lancang Kuning'. The second place went to `Pahlawan Putih', while 'Marak Berapi' got the third place. “Lanchang kuning” is my family, Hjh Napsiah (my grandmother)! I dont have any pic of the team!...Too bad that I was not even there as I am here in Adelaide. My family sent me the VCD but it was lost in the mail. My family sent twice and it got lost twice!! The Oz post paid compensation… how crap!



I am just to say that the setting up of this family thing is a good idea and we get to know our relatives and etc. I can see that the relationship is more meaningful and stronger now. It is all about coming together and not competing with one another. I guess maybe in future events, it would be good to have the collaboration between each family in that we work together and know each other better. And I am informed that the next agenda is having a gala night and I think I will be around for that!...

2 comments:

Padian said...

That is a brilliant idea. Who came up with this idea? Must have done a lot of thinking :)

Yau said...

I am not sure Meela... hehehe