Monday, October 27, 2008

Hello... today been a quiet day for me.. its my last week on placement. So basically i just do the needful. I still have few patients for feedback session and carried on with the project for the hospital. Something interesting happened today while i was conducting the project that i get to see a patient. Very lovely lady i must say, very positive and fully alive! While i was there, she explained about her stroke journey and how she been coping with it. She has great insight to it and well very positive which is good for her recovery. And then she started talking about how she believe that her belief in God make her stronger. Bless her!
While was there... she asked for my name and she said what a strange name. She never heard of it and she asked, I said it is a Malay name. She must have heard wrong and mistaken when i said "Malay" she thought it was like Himalaya. I didnt correct her and how she said she spent time before in the Himalaya and talked about religion and her faith. It was nice and well she must have thought we have the same believe... as she asked whether i believed in God or not. I said i do.. and how she opened her bible and recite to me Chapter 35 Isaiah about demon and sickness. I was there listening and didnt know how to cut it short. And then, she was like saying i was nice to listen to her and she said she wanted to pray for me for my future and wished that i would be a good clinician in future. I could not say "no" and she took my hand and prayed for me. It was a long pray! It was nice of her but she didnt knw my religion as she assumed we had the same. But out of respect i just let her do her thing. I was there like more than 20 minutes.
I must say bless her for being so nice.. and she is discharged tomorrow. I will wish her the best.

2 comments:

Padian said...

ha ha ha ha ha... What else can you do but sit it through :P She won;t be that nice if you had butted in :P *wink* Nice day :)

Yau said...

ha ha yes meela... she even said the church young ppl go! haha lucky i knw a church name paradise here where Guy Sebastion normally go! hahahaha