Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I just arrived at my hospital. It was not too bad this morning as yesterday, i was not that dragging to get up but the lazy bug was still there. Despite i did not get up in time, somehow like always i managed to be down at the car park by 8am and managed to reach hospital by 8.40am and be the first (eh Yus... it is not a competition!! symptoms of OCD? Type A personality?). Anyhow now just having my coffee and finding the mood to do the reports. Was reading the assessment results just now, initially all seems to be straight forward. Patient with right CVA and expected some areas such as visual memory, speed and visuospatial to be reduced and i thought yes! easy report to write... then i checked on the higher executive functioning and language, all seems fine, but then i noted that one area of semantic fluency was not normal. oh... now it makes me think as that is part language and language is left side of the brain. This is not normal. I was like oh... not again... similar like a case i saw last week, but that was an old elderly person and i thought the explanation was early dementia or alzheimers... but this one is quite a young person. Hmm... maybe i need to do more testing to clarify and need my supervisor so i can discuss it. I am waiting for my supervisor to arrive hence i kill the time writing here. Anyhow, i hope today will go quickly, my plan is to finish all the pending reports so doctors wont be asking hahaha and i can do feedback. That reminds me that i need to find some resource on how to live or handle patient with alzheimers... to be given as feedback to a family. Okay then, i reckon i stop here for now and smell you later!

No comments: